1. Description of the site
The Agate Digital Library is based on the tools developed by the Bibliothèque nationale de France (BnF) for its digital library Gallica, hosted by BnF, and gives access to digital reproductions of works from the collections of INRAE and its partners.
2. Commitments and responsibilities of the Internet User
The Internet user undertakes, when using the site, not to contravene the legislative and regulatory provisions in force and the present general conditions of use. The user is informed that any violation of these provisions is likely to result in legal proceedings and sanctions against him/her. The Internet User acknowledges that the Agate library reserves the right, in the event that his/her use of the site is contrary to these general conditions and more generally to the laws and regulations in force, to proceed immediately and without prior notice to block his/her access to the site. In general, the Agate digital library cannot be held responsible in the event of use of the site by Internet User who does not comply with these general conditions of use.
3. Intellectual property rights
3.1 Intellectual property rights relating to the site
INRAE is the owner of all intellectual property rights related to the site. In particular, INRAE is the owner of the rights of the producer of the database that constitutes the site by virtue of articles L. 341-1 to L. 343-7 of the French Intellectual Property Code. Internet Users undertake not to use the site in a way that would constitute a violation or infringement of the laws and regulations of French law.
3.2 Intellectual property rights relating to trademarks and logos
INRAE is the owner of the intellectual property rights of the visuals that appear on the site, which may not be used without the prior written authorization of INRAE. Any use or affixing of these visuals, in whole or in part, without the express prior authorization of INRAE is punishable under Article L. 716-1 of the French Intellectual Property Code.
3.3 Intellectual property rights relating to the contents of the site
The Agate digital library provides access to digital reproductions of works from the collections of INRAE libraries and its partners.
The reuse of the contents identified: "Source: INRAE" are downloadable and reusable with the mention "INRAE", according to the terms of the Etalab Open License.
Some contents are subject to a particular reuse regime. It is about :
- digital reproductions of works from the collections of the Bibliothèque nationale de France. These are indicated by the mention "Source: Bibliothèque nationale de France". Their reuse is governed by law no. 78-753 of July 17, 1978: the non-commercial reuse of this content is free of charge in accordance with the legislation in force and the preservation of the mention of the source; the commercial reuse of this content must be paid for and is subject to a license, in accordance with the texts in force (for more information);
- digital reproductions of works from the collections of the National Archives. These are indicated by the mention "Source: National Archives". The rights to reuse "public information" contained in documents produced or received by the National Archives are subject to the principle of free access, via decision 2017-11 (read more);
- digital reproductions of works from the collections of other libraries or institutions that are partners of the BnF. These are indicated by the words "Source: [Partner name]". The user is invited to contact these institutions to find out the conditions for their reuse.
4. Statistical data and cookies
For the purpose of improving the service, a statistics management tool measures in particular the number of visits, the number of pages viewed as well as the activity of visitors on the site. During your navigation on the site, the information collected does not contain any personal information. This data is not transferred to third parties or used for other purposes. At any time, you can, by modifying the configuration of your Internet browser, refuse the recording of cookies, delete those existing, without this affecting the quality of your navigation on the site.
5. Applicable law - disputes
The site and the present general conditions of use are subject to French law. In case of dispute, the French courts will be competent.
For any information, you can send an e-mail to the following address: inrae-agate[at]inrae.fr